Telephone system is vital business investment. Before installing a system, there are many aspects to consider, so the selected setup is correct for your business.
Key Factors to Consider
- Will the system be installed in a physical or virtual office?
- What is your budget?
- Have you considered the extra charges that need to be incurred with business phone installation?
- Are you planning to hire more employees? If so, then what are your future growth plans in relation with existing phone system?
- Who are top providers and what are the kinds of services they supply?
- In case, you are leasing a new office, then are phone lines already installed? If not, then get clearance, prior drilling holes but remember to get necessary permits to have smooth workflow.
Answering these questions will help you select a provider wisely to progress with installation of telephone system.
Types of Telephone System
- Key or key-less
Installation of all these systems vary, but you get user and installation manuals, which makes the task easy.
Modern business communication systems include plug & play phones along with other components. You will have to connect your phone to a free line and start using. User manual helps to understand more about the telephone systems.
Installing PBX Manually
Many providers of PBX System offer free installation service, while some ask a small fee. You can DIY using the guidelines given below. It can be a frustrating task but relax and focus on the project.
General Guide to Install PBX System
- Determine an area to install KSU (key service unit), which will be connected to the units and phone lines. Make sure the location is easily accessible to you and the staff.
- KSU must be mounted on the wall. Drill holes and attach the unit.
- Plug circuit cards within the KSU slots.
- Telephone lines can be connected directly to KSU.
- KSU has to be plugged to power outlet, making sure lights of all system illuminate.
- Switch on all the phone lines to ensure that the link is successful.
- Configure and code the unit properly.
- After programming test the phones.
If the system is more complicated, then let the professionals handle its installation.
Choosing Phone System Provider/Installer
Speed – The installation service nsseed to understand your time requirements. Phone installations take time, so choose a timeframe to avoid experiencing downtime and make consumers wait. Find a provider that is capable to complete this extensive task as soon as possible.
Features – You desire latest and reliable communication tool for the betterment of your business. A great provider will share knowledge about latest features and even give good advice for selection.
Reliability – Check the potential provider’s track record. Customer services are vital, so make sure they are available 24/7. For VoIP systems, trouble shooting can be conducted from their end, but for other systems they should guide you capably or send a skilled technician to your workplace. A great company provides excellent after-sales support.
Growth & expansion – Select a PBX model, which can be upgraded and expanded easily in future.